Wednesday, April 19, 2006

8G SCAM!
A Public Service Announcment from Doctor Dalai

From the "if it's too good to be true it probably isn't" department.....
I troll around eBay periodically, looking for bargains and whatnot. I stumbled across a listing for a "Sony Micro Vault 8GB USB Flash Drive," going for only about $40. I immediately bid on it. Fortunately, a kind soul informed me by email that Sony doesn't make any drives that large in that form-factor, and what I was bidding on was likely a fake. I was able to withdraw my bid in the nick of time. Yes, it would look like an 8GB drive to my computer, until I actually tried to write something to it and read it back. Then its real size of 64 MB would become apparent.
In the interests of Karma, I am passing this information on to my loyal readers. For more information, please see this notice on eBay.
This has been a public service announcement brought to you by Doctordalai.com. Thank you for your attention.

No comments :