Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Dalai's (Ad)Sense
or lack thereof...

My good friend Mike Cannavo, the One and Only PACSMan, called me this morning, quite concerned with something he saw on my blog. No, he's used to the juvenile writing and other foolishness rampant on these pages. But when the PACSMan brought up the blog this morning, he saw this:


Funny, because when I opened the page, I got this:


If you didn't already know, many blogs on Google's Blogger/Blogspot platform use AdSense, which adds a little interest to the process, if you know what I mean.

AdSense is a free, simple way to earn money by displaying targeted ads next to your online content. With AdSense, you can show relevant and engaging ads to your site visitors and even customize the look and feel of ads to match your website.
Watch the video to find out why over two million publishers of all sizes are using AdSense.

Every time you click an ad, I get a fraction of a cent. And I do mean a fraction. In the 10 years this blog has been up and running, I think I've made about $200.00 or so. But it is Google that determines which ads run on the page, based on YOUR browser's cookies. In other words, if you've looked at Dell, or RamSoft, you'll be seeing their ad on an AdSense site.

The AdSense ads thus DO NOT REPRESENT AN ENDORSEMENT OF ANY KIND. If this should reflect on my credibility, meager though it is, I'll turn off the AdSense and you can all put a penny in the mail for my retirement-home-Jello fund instead.

Make sense?

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Dalai has the money to buy a new computer for Dalai, Jr, Dalai-ette, and Mrs Dalai which is why his ads pop up for new computers. My kids all live and breathe Mac's so a Dell ad would be a waste of ad revenue. Besides, I'm still trying to eek out a meager living which is why come up for PACS companies.

I'm curious as to what others have seen pop up ad-wise.... Anything you can share will be appreciated...

PACSMan

stacey said...

The ads I see:

super light, titanium mtn bikes.

gymnastic gear

Russian kettle bell instruction

Krav Maga classes

GE MRI's for home use.