Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Chocolate-Covered Rants

A couple of things just got my goat, so I feel compelled to share them.

First, I received my very first "blog spam". This is where spammers use the comment field of a blog to advertise their garbage. I left a telephone message on the number listed for the owner of the advertised site, nicely requesting that she cease and desist from this behaviour. If it happens again, I'll consider publishing her number...well, that wouldn't be nice, but I'll think of something effective. In the meantime, I have turned on the "word verification" function, so anyone interested in leaving a comment must type in the word they see in a distorted picture before the post will be accepted. I apologise in advance, but I'm sick of spam!

Second, I have just signed in to ScImage PicomOnline for the 20th time today. Guys, the HIPAA regulation refers to a period of INACTIVITY! You are not checking to see how long your program has been idle! Please, please, PLEASE fix this! I know you can do it!

Rant over. Thank you very much.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi Doc,

I read your blog regularly and like the content, but I'd like to file a complaint about the format. It looks rubish in firefox.