Monday, February 25, 2008

A New Cellphone Accessory


Now here's a good idea... I should probably patent this, as I came up with it all by myself, but since a search revealed that others have mentioned it (but not actually patented it or manufactured it), I won't bother. I'd just like to see someone actually make this thing.

We've all seen folks wandering around with Bluetooth headsets jammed in their ears, seemingly talking into space. I own one myself, but rarely use it because I can't stand to have something on my ear for more than a few minutes at a time.

But for those so inclined, I have invented (via paste-up, anyway) the Bluetooth headset/camera. Just what everyone needs! Note the camera lens grafted onto the headset's anterior tip. The concept here is that the camera points in the direction of your head (OK, not necessarily your gaze, but...) and lets you photograph or video whatever you are looking at. I think the bandwidth of Bluetooth is sufficient to handle this application, and otherwise it should work like any other cell-phone camera. Yes, it would add bulk to the headset, and drain the battery faster, but that's minor compared to the incredible convenience this will offer.

Do I have any takers?

No comments :