Wednesday, February 01, 2012

The Best Part Of The Superbowl

I'm not the world's biggest football fan, but I generally do watch the Superbowl. While I don't really have much skin in the game, so to speak, I am very distantly acquainted with the family that owns one of the teams, so I guess I'll root for them.

But the real reason I watch is for the commercials. It has become a tradition for advertisers to put their best efforts into the VERY expensive Superbowl messages.

My all time favorite is still the FedEx Caveman Commercial from 2006:



Time and technology march on, and the offerings from this year are certain to be even more incredible. The productions from several automobile manufacturers have been posted a bit early to YouTube, perhaps to catch that portion of the audience that actually watches the game and goes to the bathroom during the breaks.

First, we have Ferris Honda's Day Off:


Next, a teaser from Acura, starring Jerry Seinfeld and Jay Leno:


Now, a frosty one from Suzuki:


And something a bit more blood-curdling from Audi:


And finally, let this farce from Volkswagen outwit you:


Lexus just barely got the ad out in time for the GS debut on Friday:


I wonder what the good folks at Bud Light will come up with this year....

No comments :