I've received a great deal of additional information as well. Some of this I have been asked not to publish, as it would reveal the identity of the sender, and so you won't be seeing it here. Bide your time, it will all come out in the end.
One reader informs us of changes in the structure as well as the physical locations of Merge, changed as of yesterday. His/her information is incomplete, but you will get the idea:
- Restructured to functionality-based, so there are no longer divisions (Merge Fusion, Merge OEM & Merge CAD are now just Merge)
- Nancy Koenig is now VP Sales (direct)
- Toni Skokovich (formerly VP Marketing(?) for Merge OEM) is now VP Channel Sales
- Antonia Wells (former president of Merge OEM) is now Sr. VP R&D
- someone from Amicas/Emageon is now VP Service. (A good decision, because they did this right, and Merge had no clue.)
- VP Operations, Finance, ... Unknown
- Most offices closing:
- AMICAS offices:
- Hartland (Milwaukee suburb) leased office (Camtronix -> Emageon -> AMICAS -> Merge) closed (I think)
- Hartland (Milwaukee suburb) owned office (Camtronix -> Emageon -> AMICAS (R&D) -> Merge) stays open
- Boston (AMICAS HQ) closed
- Daytona Beach (AMICAS Cust Svc + Emageon R&D) stays open
- [Birmingham (Emageon) already closed 2009]
- [Winter Park, FL (Emageon) already closed 2009 -> employees transferred to Daytona Beach]
- [Madison (Emageon) closed earlier (2006?)]
- Ottawa (VMI Medical -> Camtronix -> Emageon -> AMICAS -> Merge) – stays open
- Merge offices
- Milwaukee (Former Merge HQ) closed
- Cleveland (Merge Fusion R&D) closed
- Seattle (Confirma/Merge CAD) closed - This is certainly a surprise!
- Raleigh (Merge eTrials) not sure. I think that this operation DOES remain a separate division.
- Washington (eko) not sure if this office even existed. The technology was acquired, but I'm not sure if any people/facilities were included.
- Mississauga (Toronto suburb) stays open
- [Toronto (eFilm) already closed in 2005]
"In conclusion, there appear to be 3 development centers remaining open. Toronto, Hartland and Daytona Beach. Some (maybe even all?) people are being offered the chance to relocate, but I'm not sure what personality type would relocate from Seattle (or Boston) to Milwaukee. The Daytona Beach office no longer has any R&D, though it may have been gone from there for a while already. The Washington office is gone. Also Cedara's old Shanghai office is still open.
R&D will have one senior VP R&D with 4 VPs reporting to her to cover the R&D operation which is split between Toronto and Hartland. All 5 of those VPs are in Toronto, so the center of control is clear. However, I've heard that the Confirma employees (or at least some of them) have been offered jobs in Hartland, rather than Toronto (paperwork is easier I suppose). Apparently the regulatory person at Confirma becomes VP regulatory, and will move.
Still it seems that offering to move people from the coast (Seattle, Boston, Daytona Beach, Washington, Birmingham) to Hartland (or even Toronto) is not an offer that most people would take.
Oh, by the way. . . the ties are orange and will be provided by the company. The suits must be blue or at least dark. However, suits and ties are required only when meeting with customers."That sounds much better. My sources managed to smuggle out a photo of the new Merge orange tie:
Perhaps I can include this in my logo store.
More to come, I'm sure.