Saturday, August 20, 2005

Stentor? Who's That?



Take a look at the former Stentor website....It is now called the "Philips Global PACS Business Unit", and barely refers to Stentor by name at all. The introductory paragraph says it all:

Introducing Philips iSite PACS
Philips iSite® PACS is the leading enterprise-wide medical image and information management system on the market today. iSite® PACS is an innovative image and information management system that delivers on-demand diagnostic-quality images over existing hospital networks, advanced radiology reading stations for radiologists, and "always online" long-term storage.

Sure sounds like Stentor to me. Now don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect for both companies, but the rapid transition feels a little like Orwellian doublethink. Oh well. Good luck to all Philips users, both the Sectrans and the Stentorians.

3 comments :

nuclearvision said...

FYI-->I've started a blog that will have some upcoming PACS experiences on it...feel free to link to me @ http://nuclearvision.blogspot.com/

Hope it is ok that I linked to you!!

dj

Anonymous said...

It would be great if you can provide an RSS feed of your blogs.

Anonymous said...

My wife says that the name Stentor sounds like the contracting company that build the Death Star.